Wednesday, July 1, 2009

M.I.A.

So, clearly I have been missing in action in the blogging world for about a month now…  Well, most of you have probably already heard that I was not offered a contract to return to Sonrise in the Fall.  Ever since that happened, I guess I just didn’t feel like blogging, even thought other fun things have happened!!  Needless to say it has been a hard Month!!  About two months ago our Superintendent came to us at a teachers meeting and let us know that because of the economy and lack of enrollment they were not going to be able to offer everyone contracts.  They had to let 9 of us go.  I have only been there 4 years and almost all of the teachers have taught 1st grade in the past.  They were going to have to reduce down from 3 first grade classes to 1.  So, it didn’t look good for me.  Just last week I finished cleaning out my classroom and turned in my keys.  Last week they also made the decision to close the San Dimas Campus and move all of the remaining teachers and students over to the larger Covina Campus. Anyway, the whole experience has been a lot harder to go through than I had anticipated.  It really wasn’t handled all that professionally and leaving the school even on my own terms would have been hard.  It has become a home away from home really.  I have grown to know so many of the students and their families so well (not to mention the teachers and staff members that I have grown close with as well).  It was hard to say goodbye.  I am not going to be looking for another teaching job at this time.  Most schools are in the same boat as us and to be honest, I could use a break!  I will probably be looking for a part time job starting in the Fall, or I might end up Subbing, we’ll see!!  I am truly feeling ok about the timing of it all but it just really hasn’t been a fun process!!!  Josh and I know that God has a reason for this and maybe its just time for a new season in our lives so it’s kind of exciting actually!  Anyway, enough about that… now on to the fun stuff that has been going on!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did it! You finally bloged. God does have a great plan for you! You are in my prayers

Heidi said...

Amy, you inspired me to come back!!! Thanks, because I really do love blogging!! You are such a good friend!! Love you!!

Emily Valko Monroy said...

I'm sorry you have to leave your school family. I could tell how much you enjoyed your coworkers and students. You are going to enjoy working less though and feel a big stress relief.