Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Small Town Photo Shoot

Josh and I always enjoy getting to return to our home town, Arroyo Grande.  It's a small town only a few miles from the beach.  I especially love the drive from my parents house to the Old Village of Arroyo Grande.  It's only about a 10 minute walk and it's gorgeous around every corner.   While I was in town on this past visit I had plans to meet Emily and Sarah at our favorite little coffee shop (the one I used to work at in High School) so I decided to walk.  I of course had my camera so I took the time to savor all the beautiful details that we usually drive past so quickly.
I love spending time in a small town where you just can't miss the 4th of July!  On the 4th there are people out side getting ready to BBQ and kids riding their bikes with faces painted and festive shirts on.  This year there were kids doing fireworks in the streets all day long.  In the park next to this gazebo they had a little patriotic music festival in the afternoon.









Granted, this pumpkin patch is slightly (to say the least) over grown but how often do you walk down the street and come across pumpkins growing on the sidewalk?



It's easy to see why we go back to AG whenever we get the chance.  Of course we enjoy seeing the family as well but there is just something about the small town way of life that is ever so appealing.   We were blessed to grow up in such a wonderful spot.

4 comments:

Esther said...

I love small towns. They are so cute. I hope you had a wonderful time there.

Amy W. said...

Pretty pictures that remind me of growing up in AG... so many goo memories in the village! However, I wanted to see a pic of you, Emily, and Sarah! Miss you girls!

Emily Valko Monroy said...

I think I'd like to return to small town life one day . . . maybe not AG - just because I want something new that is going to be "our" town instead of "my" town.

Anonymous said...

Love the sweet pics Heidi!!! How fun to live in such a pretty place! :)