Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Parent's 25th Anniversary

I am so proud to say that my parents just celebrated their Silver Anniversary on September 22, 2009! 25 years ago I was a flower girl in their wedding and this year my brother and I through a party for them. We (and Josh) feel so blessed to have parents who we can look up to and see a positive example of what a Godly marriage looks like, through the good times and the bad. We were excited to have a party for them with close friends and family to help us celebrate.


This is my mom's best friend from High School, I have grown up calling her Aunt Candy. I think it is so neat that now I get to be Auntie Heidi to Jackson. It's so special to have close friends that are like family to you!




I don't really remember what we were laughing about here but it's a cute picture!
Uncle Jon is enjoying some "Cookies by Heidi" : )

Ok, this is too funny! Christine and Jason are going to love this! Here is Patty Ouimette talking with Josh and yes, her hair is pink and blue! She was at the Harvest Festival earlier that day and there was a hair painting booth near where her church booth was. Her and some friends decided it would be fun to go and paint their hair and show up at Church the next day that way. Patty is the sweetest lady and usually a blond and probably the last person you would expect to show up at an anniversary party with hot pink and blue hair! It was hilarious and I don't know if Christine and Jason have even seen a picture of it yet! If you don't know,
Patty is Christine's mom.
We had a lot of help for the party. My Grandma, Aunt Nancy and Uncle Jon all came early to help. Many of my parents friends brought food and our good friend Amy Ashton even came a day before to help my mom clean house. Thank you to everyone who helped, it turned out so lovely.


The back yard looked so pretty with the beautiful new patio and the lights. Andy and I feel that we did a pretty good job, especially when we both live far away.
Here is my parents good friend Dave Johnson cutting Grandpa's famous ham. The funny thing is that my Uncle's name is Dave Johnson as well.




Josh was putting out the vibe! Don't you like his new hat? I gave it to him for his Birthday.
It was such a great party!! Andy, I think we pulled it off!!! : )

3 comments:

The Paine Family said...

Happy Anniversary Lynette and Mike! Looks like such a fun party. You never know what that Patty Ouimette will do next. (:

Emily Valko Monroy said...

Heidi, you are a bloggin' fool all of a sudden! It's been fun to have a lot of entries to read all at once.

Sounds like your parents anniversary party was fabulous. My parents told me they had a good time. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations mom and dad for 25 years!!! What a fete! :) :) :)
The party looked beautiful Heidi! Good job! :) :)