Sunday, October 11, 2009

My New Little World

As some of you may have noticed, I have been absent from the blogging/facebook/e-mail world for about a month now. If I haven't left any comments on your blogs it's because I have been MIA. It has been a super busy few months and I just really haven't had time. I am excited to go and check them all out in the next few days as things are starting to calm down a little for me. It's also due to the fact that I no longer have my Mac : ( ok... get over it Heidi, the laptop is gone! Sad, sad! Anyway, I have a lot to blog about and one thing that some of you many not know is that I am now teaching preschool at Arcadia Christian School where Josh works. There was a position that opened up kind of last minute and I ended up getting the job about 10 days before school started. It's a whole long story that I don't have time for right now but... it's a good job at a good school and it's paying the bills. Right now, we have to take what we can get right?! It's strange being in preschool and at a whole new school but I really feel like God has brought me right where I need to be for the time being. For the most part the kids are super sweet and a lot of fun. Anyway, more details to come but for now, here are a few pictures of my new little home away from home.

I am teaching the 2.5 year old class. Yes... 2.5!!! They are the youngest ones. My class is called the Monkey's and it's a perfect name for them. I have a really small class. On my biggest day of the week I only have 3 students. Awesome!!!! : )

In September we learned the color red and circles. Sounds simple but at 2.5 it's actually a pretty big deal to master a specific color and shape.

My classroom is really little, only about 12feet by 12feet or maybe 10 by 10... little anyway!

4 comments:

Emily Valko Monroy said...

Welcome back! I've missed you. I had gotten used to seeing you and then it was like separation anxiety when BOTH of us started working again. The class is adorable! I'd love to visit sometime when I am out in that direction anyway.

Heidi said...

I know Emily, I feel the same way!!! I miss you!

Amy W. said...

Three kids? Sounds delightful! I know 2.5 year olds are a handful, but it's been the kind of day when I dream about small classes. :) Your classroom is so cute and exciting, I want to play in it all day. I'm sure your kids love you!

Anonymous said...

sooooooo cute!!!! I love your new classroom!!!! It's so bright and cheery and I see a touch of you all over! :) LOVE IT!!!!