Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Others...

I've figured it out!  I feel like I am going to loose my mind with these children lately, hummmm, what else is new right?  Lately it has been worse than usual and I am like why are they getting under my skin so much...  Josh and I have been watching our LOST dvd's pretty much nightly for the past few weeks so I have LOST on the brain.  These first graders, they are like "the others"  there is this constant murmur, constant voices, constant whispering it's not loud enough to tell who exactly is doing it but it's just loud enough to get totally and completely under my skin.  If you watch the show you know that whenever anyone hears the whispers they get totally freaked out... well wouldn't you?  On a totally different note, I love LOST!!  I knew from the very first preview that I was totally going to get into the show and it has not let me down.  Especially when you watch it from the beginning on the dvd's because you see even more clearly that it all fits together.  I actually want to be apart of it.  I remember Andy and I playing stranded on an island in the backyard as kids.  I think that deep down everyone has a secret desire to be stranded on an island.  I think it's the thrill of seeing if you could survive and escaping your "real life." I was trying to explain this to Josh the other night and he doesn't get it, apparently he has no desire to be stranded on an island.  It's not that anyone would choose it, it just has to happen to you.  Of course no one would choose to have their plane crash on a deserted crazy island but I still think deep down many people wonder how they would survive.  I also think it's the thrill of being apart of something bigger than yourself... anyway, have I successfully distracted myself from my classroom for a few minutes?  Yes!  Maybe my desire to be stranded on an island is more related to my job than I thought... I know I am not making any sense here I just felt like venting I guess!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are hillarious. We love LOST too...but maybe not as much as you. I too pretended that I could survive on a desert island as child...then somehow they made another show called "survivor" out of that idea. Ha ha. At least your first graders aren't carrying around shot guns and you don't have big polar bears and a black spirit ghost in your classroom. Hang in there.

BruceandBarbara said...

You WANT to be stranded on a deserted island?? WHAT?? Haven't you seen the movie "Cast Away" with Tom Hanks? No thanks.

Heidi said...

Hahah!! I know, no one wants to, it just has to happen to you... I am just saying something about it thrills me! Like I said, Josh doesn't get it either. I know, I'm weird! Oh, and I love Cast Away, WILSON!!!