Saturday, January 10, 2009

Emily's Bachelorette Party


Last weekend, my Best Friend Emily Valko got married!!!  On Thursday night before the wedding her sister Amy and I had a Bachelorette Party for her.  We had a blast!! First we all met at my parents house for Champagne and hors d'oeuvres.  

Marcy, Monica, Emily, Heidi, Marion and Amy
General Emily 



We went to San Louis where we made Emily do some goofy, bachelorette tasks.  This is the famous Bubble Gum Alley, yes, the walls are covered with chewed bubble gum.  YUCK!  It's totally discussing but it was fitting for a bachelorette party!

I had so much fun decorating my car to drive the bride around! 

Here we are at he Library, that's the name of a tiny bar in SLO 

Ok, so Bulls wasn't the place we were supposed to end up at.  I had planned for us to got to Mother's Tavern which is a nice place but, when we got there we learned that the dancing wouldn't start until 10.  So, we had some food and then we decided to wander around and embarrass (or at least try to embarrass her, it's not that easy to do) Emily for a little while and then go back to Mother's when the fun started at 10.  Well, we stumbled in to this awful little place called Bull's where the Bartender made Emily a famous "Bull Sweat" shot.  It was horrible!!!  Long story short, it was really discussing she didn't drink it all because it was burning hot with Tabasco and other nasty stuff.  It was so funny, she actually tried it and then dropped everything and ran (literally ran) out of the bar.  It was nasty but it sure makes a good story.
One of the silly things she had to do was kiss a bald man's head.  





We had so much fun!  I was so glad that Emily had fun, she was able to let loose and forget about all the stress of the wedding and just have fun.  Some call this my "mean Heidi face"  I don't know, I kind of like it! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like fun!! I love the wedding whip and the pic in bubble gum alley! :) It looks professional! :)

BruceandBarbara said...

Fun, fun, fun! The one thing Emily told me about the bachelorette party was the "bull sweat" drink but it looks like there was wayyyy more happening. Too much fun maybe?? Nah...not possible.

Emily Valko Monroy said...

WAY TOO MUCH FUN! I may have paid for it dearly . . . but that night was SOOOO fun. Like really, SO MUCH FUN. Thanks for putting it all together. I am smiling as I write this. And looking at the pictures made me laugh uncontrollably.