Monday, January 12, 2009

The After Party

Ok, so I just got to talk to the Bride!!  I was so excited!  I  had been waiting so patiently for her to come back so we could debrief the wedding and talk about everything!!  They had a great time by the way!  I was telling her about the after party that we had and she was totally jealous.  : )  Now, you might say how sad, they were headed off on their honeymoon how could she have been jealous?  Well, I am sure she wouldn't have really chosen to stay with us but she just knows that when ever you get this group together, lots of fun is bound to happen.

Needless to say, after the wedding we were all really tired but because the Cleavers live in Oregon and as Chris put it we hadn't seen each other in "10 years" (it really wasn't that long, but it had been several years) we could not pass up an opportunity for some late night fun.  Mark said that they were all going to go out for Karaoke and wanted to know if we wanted to come.  They said they were going to Bill's this "podunk" little bar in AG. The kind of place I am sure my dad warned me not to go to.  I was like seriously, the place with the stuffed lion in the window???  Josh, Andy, Jeff and I were the locals of the night and we had never been there and honestly thought we would probably never go there.  We were all so glad that we did because we ended up having so much fun!!!

Chris was wearing this hankerchif as a scarf and I was wearing my wrap on my head (we were really tired at this point remember) so we decided to switch...
Yikes!
Yes, this is much better
The bar turned out to be a lot better than any of us expected.  When we got there they were singing these country songs which was fitting for a bunch of people who seemed pretty... country.  Mark and I were planning to sing something we just didn't know what.  I really wanted something I knew at least some of the words to so I suggested Rihanna's Umbrella song.  I guess I was kind of kidding but Mark thought it was perfect.  We didn't know how people would react to us changing the music over to hip- hop but the funny thing was they loved it!!!  Everyone got up and started dancing, we seriously brought the house down!!!!  I mean, it's us, should anyone really be surprised?  Andy got the whole thing on video but for now these pictures will have to do.
Mark did the Jay-Z  intro part...

"Rain man is back, little miss sunshine Rihanna where you at?"
I did the Rihanna part, but I am not as talented as Mark so he helped me with most of it.
"You can stand under my Umbrella, ella, ella, ella, eh, eh, eh, eh-eh"

Chris was really excited!!
Even Jeff got into it!
Mark could not get over the fact that he was actually at a bar with Andy, my little brother.  To be honest, it was pretty weird for me too but it's so fun to be at the age where we can really hang out!
Later, Mark did the robot and Chris...
Did this!  
See, I told you there was a stuffed Lion in the window, I mean how can you miss it?
We were all sad when the Karaoke ended all too soon so we went over to this other little bar, yikes!!  This one took the cake!!  This lady was singing that Journey song you know, "don't stop believing"  or at least I think that's what it was.  She kept pointing at us like we should join in...  We only lasted there a few minutes!!

The Arroyo Grande Village is a whole different place after dark, can you see how scared we look here? 


Well, we all had a great time and we just hope it doesn't take another "10 years" for us all to get together again.  Hopeful next time Emily, Aaron, Amy, Sarah and Kellie will be there too.  

4 comments:

BruceandBarbara said...

Hahahahahahaha...I heard about it but didn't know you had pictures! Oh yeah, about your comment on my blog...Yes I took those picutures thank you very much! By the way, did Jeff do kareoke? (It had been 10 years, at Amy's wedding, since I had seen you!)

Anonymous said...

I should have gone with you party animals!!! I did do kareoke with mark and chris once myself - at papa bears.

BruceandBarbara said...

THIS IS A QUOTE FROM YOU...
Yea, we had a lot of fun that night and of course I have pictures!! : ) Are you saying it had been 10 years since I saw you??? No way! What about when we went to Lake Arrow head, how about when we went to see Mark and Chris open for the W's in Pleasanton, or one time you guys came around Christmas time I think, and I know I saw you once at the Valko's AG house... ok, who's the stalker now?
NOW IT'S ME...
I did forget about Lake Arrowhead but that was the same time as Amy's wedding and the Pleasonton trip (which I'd forgotten about and Mark really didn't like that girl and shhhhh, I didn't either)was only a year or so later! So, that's all to say that it has been a really long time since I had seen you. The End.

BruceandBarbara said...

Yikes! Emily said something about a "roadtrip" 5 1/2 years ago.
Uh..oh. Did you say roadtrip?? Now I'm losing it. I do NOT remember any of this. Was I there?? What house was it?? Help! I think I'm going crazy!
And, yeah, that girl really wasn't Mark's type if you get my drift. UNHAPPY...yes!
What Christmas and what other girl?