Sunday, February 7, 2010

North Carolina

A few weeks ago we received the news that Josh's Grandma had passed away. His Grandparents as well as aunt, uncle and cousins live in North Carolina. Josh and I decided that we would make the long trip across country to be with the family during this difficult time. Josh is very blessed to have had all of his Grandparents living up until this just happened. His Grandma was 80 years old and her and Grandpa had been married for 60 years. Grandpa is still alive and he is now 83 years old. Although it was a sad occasion it was good to be able to be with the family. We hadn't seen them in several years and I had never been to North Carolina before so it was really neat to get to see where they live. It was beautiful back there but very, very cold. It was actually a record cold for them while we were there!! It was in the 20's and even got down to like 12 degrees at night. For us California kids, that's really cold!!!!!!
These pictures were taken in Grandpa's back yard. There are no fences and the yard leads right up to a little creek.

This is in the front yard.
This is Grandpa and Grandpa Ambrose when they were young, I love these old pictures. I think the one of Grandpa Ambrose looks a lot like old pictures I have seen of my Grandpa.

4 comments:

Emily Valko Monroy said...

I'm sorry for the occassion, but it still sounds like a nice trip.

Anonymous said...

Miss you so much Heidi. I am so glad you FINALLY updated your blog. I was beginning to worry. You look awfully natural with that baby cousin of yours. I'd say it's time. No pressure!

Mrs. K's Super Second Graders said...

I'm sorry too!!! :( But MAN! Lets move there!!! It looks like a gorgeous place to live! :) Hugs to you friend!

Mrs. K's Super Second Graders said...

ick...I forgot I was still signed in under my school blog...sorry!!!