Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Groundlings

On Friday night we went with Emily, Aaron and Monica to see the Groundlings. Monica was one of Emily's roommates in collage and she now lives in Boston. She came out for a visit so Emily planned lots of fun "Hollywood" things for her to do. She invited us to join them for the Groundlings. I had heard so much about this show but I had never been. As you know, I am a huge fan of SNL. I love it! We watch every Saturday night (well we usually Tivo it and watch it later but still) and the Groundligns is very similar to SNL. Many people get there start there and go on to be in movies, shows and SNL. Right now, the director is Mikey Day. He was on the show Kath and Kim. It only lasted one season but we all watched it and really loved it. Molly Shannon from SNL played Kath and she is super funny. Mikey Day was really funny on that show so we were excited that he was involved. Since he was the director we weren't sure if we would see him or not. He did come out a few times and we were all pretty excited about it. Aaron happened to be wearing the exact same sweatshirt as Mikey, I thought that was pretty cool! I know, I am a nerd!
We recognized a few of the actors from different things but the most exciting one for me was Michaela Watkins who was on SNL last season. She only got to be on SNL for one season which was really a bummer because she is very funny. She had several sketches that we loved including when she would play Hoda Kotb from the Today show with Kathie Lee Gifford. She was sooooo funny, if you haven't seen it you should go watch a clip of it on hulu.



Here's Aaron in his Mikey Day sweatshirt! : )


I tried to take a picture of us watching the show myself...


It was fun to see all the old pictures of comedians who have preformed there over the years. We found Lisa Kudrow and many others. It was so funny, we all really enjoyed it. Sometimes you just need a really good laugh!! If you live in the area or are coming from out of town and are looking for something fun to do, I would totally recommend it... just don't go with out me ok!?!

5 comments:

Mrs. K's Super Second Graders said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

and now I think its hilarious that I just wrote that under my school blog...thats what I get for writing you a comment this late at night and trying to be funny!!!! ;) hahahah

ummmm...could you delete that last post please?!? :) hahahah Thanks!!!! :)

I love you Skinny B!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Heidi said...

Ok, I took care of it... hahahah, let's go there together sometime, I think that would be so fun!! Love you friend!! : )

Anonymous said...

hahaha..thanks for taking care of it! :) I would love to go there with you! Have you also been to Comedy Sports in Hollywood? :)

Heidi said...

I went to Comedy Sports but it was in High School I would love to go again!