Monday, June 7, 2010

Grace's Quienceanera

Josh and I had the pleasure of attending the Quienceanera of one of my former 4th grade students. It was a beautiful party, wedding reception quality! It's hard to believe that my little Grace is already 15, my how the time goes by fast!! It feels like just last year that she was in my 4th grade class (my first class by the way) talking about going to her cousin's Quienceanera over the summer. It was all she could talk about! She brought in pictures, a CD of the music and everything. Grace is so sweet, we have kept in touch over the years and she even came to help me in my classroom over the summer while I was getting ready for 1st grade. It was so sweet of her to invite Josh and I to her special party. Most of the 8th grade class was there, many of which were also in my first class. It was so much fun to see them so grown up and having so much fun together.

Joy and Sean and Keisha were there as well.

Is this not the cutest cake?!

The whole thing was basically like a wedding reception planned by a 15 year old!

This is Marina and John, they were in my class and Grace chose them to be apart of her court. She had around 7 guys and 7 girls who were all dressed up just like these two. They had all been practicing for months at Grace's house after school on about 4 or 5 different dances. Two of them were rather traditional Quienceanera dances while the rest where pretty much just for fun. My personal favorite was when they did Ake Breaky Heart in Spanish!! : ) It was a super fun evening and we felt really special to be a part of it!

1 comment:

Esther said...

What fun. She loooked beautiful!