Saturday, September 27, 2008

Birthday BBQ

Being that Josh had to work on my Birthday we decided to have a little Birthday BBQ on Friday night.  We made my favorite meal, Tri-Tip!  My Dad makes it the best but Josh and I are getting pretty good at making it ourselves!  We had a great night of food and laughter.  


One extra fun thing about my Birthday this year was that Jackson was actually in town for the first time in about 4 years.  He used to have a recruiting trip every September but now that he is higher up on the totem pole in his office he no longer has to do that trip.  It was so much fun to have him here!  The other cool thing was that Little Jackson got to meet Big Jackson for the first time!   Baby Jackson got a kick out of Jackson, it was really cute!














Emily now lives in Burbank so her and Aaron were able to come for the BBQ, it's great to have them so close now!!!  

4 comments:

The Paine Family said...

Happy Birthday Heidi!! You get more beautiful each year and your house looks so cute too! What abundant blessings, a great hubby, friends for life, and 1st grader to make you laugh!

Emily Valko Monroy said...

What a fabulous time we had at your house!
1. It was great to see you new home. So cute!
2. It was fun to see you, Josh and other friends, both new and old.
3. DELICIOUS food! Yum!
4. Don't ever ask me to bake again. :)

BruceandBarbara said...

Happy Birthday Heidi! I still think of you as a 14 year old and having so much fun when you and Em came to our house in Oregon. Remember us making you sit on the BIG exercise ball to eat dinner and then having a watermelon seed spitting contest in the dining room? I still have some great pictures of you from that trip. That's when I got to know you and love you. I will be so happy to see you at Em's wedding. So exciting! Hey...if you want some laughs take a look at my blog. I posted more old pics of Bruce and me in the early years. Enjoy!
PS it's fun to see Emily and Aaron in your pictures!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Heidi. Looks like you had a great time. Looking forward to seeing in Jan.!!!