Sunday, October 12, 2008

Look who came for a visit!! : )

 Last weekend Emily and Owen Maurer came to visit us.  Emily went to College with Josh and I and we Bridesmaids in each other's weddings.  The sad thing is that they moved to Arizona after they got married and we actually hadn't seen each other in over 4 years.  Not only had we not seen each other, they had a wonderful new addition to their family... Clara.  It was wonderful to see them and to catch up.  It was so much fun getting to meet and play with Clara.  She is just the sweetest little thing.  I keep up to date with her on Emily's blog but it's just not the same as getting to hang out in person.  They were in town for a wedding and Josh and I got to baby sit all day while they went to the wedding.  We felt so blessed that they trusted us with their little girl.  We had a great day with her!   
Clara was the first baby to ever take a bath at our house.  Isn't she just the cutest!  This is the bath tub where I give Buddy his bath so he was a little confused to see someone else in it.  Clara loved Buddy by the way.  She thought he was just the funniest thing.  It was pretty cute!  Emily just taught her to clap when she is excited and she would clam and let out little squeals of laughter when ever Buddy was around.  He likes babies too, he just doesn't understand why they won't get up and run around with him like puppies do.  


Growing up my Grandma always had Barrel of Monkeys in her bathtub and all of us kids remember playing with them.  My mom decided I needed some to and it was so fun to see another little sweetie enjoying them the way we did.


I look lovely in this picture because it was taken really early in the morning, babies wake up early!!!  The sweet thing is that she didn't wake up crying, she woke up making sweet little noises and a had a big smile on her face!  I want to wake up like that! : )

Clara got to have Cheerios at our house, she really liked them and even got some of them in her mouth all on her own.  I had to take a picture of her with the Cheerios box because my Grandpa took tons of me when I was a baby with the Cheerios box.  They were trying to get me on the cover of the box, it was one of those contests.  I never won, wah wa! 

Aren't they just the cutest family!  Oh and they are soon going to have another addition to their family... Emily's pregnant!!!
I wish we lived closer but we had so much fun seeing you guys!  Now we need to come visit you in Arizona!!  I hope it doesn't take us 4 years this time! : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too Cute Heidi! Thanks for posting our darling on the blog. We really enjoyed staying at your place and catching up...seriously it can't take 4 years next time! We love you both so much and definitely had peace leaving our little munchkin with you!

Emily Valko Monroy said...

She is so cute! What fun! (I want a baby . . . just not anytime soon)

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Buddy looking in the tub!!! PRICELESS!! :) :) :) She is such a sweet baby. She looks like the Gerber baby. Too cute! :)