Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Newlyweds

Last weekend Emily and Aaron had us over to their cute little home for a delicious home cooked meal.  As always I was totally inspired by Emily's artistic decorating abilities.  She has an amazing eye for finding funky, artistic things and making them look really cute in her home.  They made some fabulous homemade ravioli with a butternut squash kind of filling with apple sausage and asparagus.  It was so cute to get there and find the two of them preparing dinner together in their new place.  It is so fun having them so close to us now, we are looking forward to getting to hang out more regularly.  They had a fabulous honeymoon and seem to be enjoying the married life.  We had a great time catching up over dinner and hearing their hilarious story of going to see the midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Emily you should do a post about that because it's such a great story.  Later we had some yummy frozen yogurt... my favorite!
We had so much fun and are looking forward to getting together again soon.  Oh, and yes, I got a new hair cut.  I haven't had bangs in years so I was a little nervous about them but I am really kind of enjoying the new look. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It warms my heart to see the two of you together, just like old times. Emily and Aaron are great cooks and enjoy cooking together. Your hair is adorable, I like the bangs.

Emily Valko Monroy said...

It was so fun to hang out! When can we do it again? We have to go to The Groundlings or Upright Citizens Brigade.