Monday, November 10, 2008

A Beautiful Wednesday Spent at the Huntington Library

Last Wednesday the students had the day off and our administration took all of us teachers to the Huntington Library for a day of beautiful sights, delicious food and great company.  It was a very nice treat and great to have a day away from school.  Weird that it was in the middle of the week but hey, we take what we can get.  It is a beautiful historical library.  The owners were filthy rich and lived in a mansion which is now a really boring art gallery.  I guess it depends on who you ask but I found it really boring!  The fun part is all the really amazing gardens that you get to walk through.  Several movies have been filmed there because it is so beautiful.  It was used for one of my favorite moves, The Wedding Planner.  The seen where they are trying to pick out a statue to have at the wedding and it gets knocked over.  

This bridge was used in Memoirs of a Geisha, they had to bring in special cherry blossoms for the movie.  
Majide!!!  These are called Foo Dog statues.  Naturally we had to do Majide, although I think these are actually Chinese and Majide is Japanese... oops!!


At Noon we all enjoyed tea time in this cute little tea house.  When I say little I mean it!!  We were really crammed in there and it was a little hectic getting to the buffet but it was really delicious!

Yummy!!!  I love fruit tarts, my favorite!!
Yikes Caviar... YUCK!!  We had to try it though!!


How cute is Barbara with her sun umbrella in the English Garden??
How do you like that?  The Pavilion of the Three Friends, talk about exclusive!

Here are the San Dimas teachers in front of the Serenity Rock Garden being anything but calm as usual!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!! TOO BAD you left early though! You missed the celebrities! :) :) :)

BruceandBarbara said...

What???? You are a teacher in San Dimas??? I guess in my mind you taught in Glendora. My boys went to school (almost) one year in San Dimas. Chris was in 2nd and Mark was in 4th grade. We moved around a lot then so I don't even remember the name of the school. What a lousy mom! I think if I heard it I would know.
Anyhoo, glad you had a nice day with good (except the caviar...yuck) food. See ya in 7 weeks!