Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance and Dr. Phil


I know I haven't been the best blogger lately and although it's Summer I have been really busy the last few weeks! The Summer was moving very slowly and then all of the sudden it just picked up and before I knew it 3 weeks had gone by. A lot has happened as you will see with the following posts. Another thing we have been busy doing this summer is going to see some of our favorite TV shows being taped! It's fun and it's free, you just have to wait in line! The waiting is the hardest part, everything else is just fun! We have actually been to So You Think You Can Dance 3 times and we even got to go to the finale! It was so much fun! The top 20 were just amazing and seeing them live brings it to a whole different level. Twitch was my favorite from the beginning but I loved Joshua too so when they called his name as the winner I was so happy! When they set off the confettie it totally scared me but it was just so cool to be there and see the emotion first hand. We were standing right next to Twitch's brother and Joshua's brother, God mother and Father and it was just so cool seeing their reactions!! We also went to see the first taping of The Dr.s which is a spin of of the Dr. Phil show and it is produced by Jay, Dr. Phil's son. It was so neat to be at their first show ever. Yesterday we went with Rick and Karen to see the Dr. Phil show! As most of you know I am huge, huge Dr. Phil fan. I know it's kind of weird but I just love him! I watch every day after school, it's my way of unwinding after a long day of first grade. We had special tickets because we went to the other show first so we got great seats and got to see two tapping's. DP didn't let us down, he was amazing! The show just flowed and it was so cool to be there live! We had such a great time!!! Watch for us on the first shows of the season when they come on in September!!!!

3 comments:

Emily Maurer said...

Ok Heidi, now I can stop harassing you about new posts. So exciting to see what you are doing in your life!
EM

BruceandBarbara said...

Wow...it took me forever to catch up on all your posts! I kept waiting for you to post and then all of a sudden bam, lots of news! We were at Peggy and Butch's house last week and got to see Emily. I'm so excited for her and Aaron and can't wait for the wedding. You're right, they are perfect for each other (even though I've only met Aaron once). I'm also so proud of Em and her new job. She is such a special girl!
PS You look like a natural with those babies!

BruceandBarbara said...

Oh...I forgot to say that I liked Twitch too but I wanted Katie to win. At least she got $50,000! How fun that you got to be there! I love watching all that talent!