Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Tea Party

This was my second time hosting a table at the Women's Tea at our church. Last time I borrowed a beautiful tea set from my friend Barbara. I had so much fun doing the tea last time that I was thinking of getting my own tea set. I was talking to my Grandma about it and she said I should look at the different settings she had before I bought anything. She had several different sets I could choose from and this is the one I picked. I came from my Great Grandma on my Grandpa's side and it's from Germany. I thought it was very pretty and just what I had in mind. I would rather have something sentimental than something I just bought. I borrowed the watter glasses from Barbara and the cute little tea spoons. The gold silverware... that's a funny story. We got it as a wedding gift and we never in a million years thought we would actually use it. It was just a little too fancy for our taste... ; ) so, it sat at my parents house for years and then in our garage for the past year. When I got the China, I noticed the gold trim and really if you have gold trim... gold silverware really does look nice. We were glad it actually came in handy after all this time. If you ever need gold silverware, you know where to find it!!




The food was delicious and everything looked amazing. It's so fun to see all the different settings people bring and to hear the stories of where they got them. All the girls from my small group sat at my table, except Catharina who ended up getting sick, we missed her. We were also joined by two other friends and a very sweet little baby!! : )

Sadie's very first Tea Party


Sadie and her Mommy


Courtney and Sadie

2 comments:

Emily Valko Monroy said...

Good job! What a cute table. That seems like a very grown up thing to do. Of course, I'm going to be a deacon and that feels grown up too. I guess we actually might be real grown ups or something.

Heidi said...

weird right!?!?!? Growing up is weird!!!