Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Bum Bum Bum

So I am sitting in my classroom after a lonnnnng meeting about computers (my favorite thing ; ) and I decided to take a cool off break and look at my blog to cheer me up! I have to admit I am excited to get back into the swing of things and am looking forward to a new year but at the same time, it's a little hard to say goodbye to summer! Now I know some of you are thinking that I should get over it because you didn't even have a summer but in my defence it's hard to get back into the groove and we have a LOT of work to do to get ready for the year!!!! I have been working all day and into the night every day this week and I still have along way to go before I will really be ready for the First Day of school. Teaching is wonderful but you really have to gear up and pump your self up because teaching 6 yearolds for 6 hours a day is exhausting. I love them but I need to prepare my head you know! Yeah I am talking nonsense here but I have been working all day and my head is spinning! The nice thing is that just when your feeling overwhelmed God gives you a the little blessings that you need. I just received some e-mails form Giovanni's family that were super encouraging and those are the kinds of things that make it all worth wild!!! Ok, back to work!!

3 comments:

Michelle O'Reilly said...

You are so cute!!! Yes, I dont feel sorry for you...hahaha, but I would feel the same way you do if I were a teacher and had to start up again! You will do great, and you will get it all done. I havent seen you in forever by the way! Annnnnnd....Im blonde again! The brunette Shelly was short-lived...hahaha! :)

sfbearista said...

one way of "cooling off" after a long meeting about computers might be to call you brother? I hear he's a pretty chill guy.. and I would sympathize with you about the summer thing, except for I really didn't get one this year, what w/ summer session and all... but teaching children is exhausting, and likely means your weekend trips up to see me will be a bit further apart than I'd like... love you, call me!

Emily Valko Monroy said...

You can do it! I'm working ALL THE TIME too (except right now I guess). If I win the lottery I will share it with you and we can just retire and have fun.